There are many items players can make in Minecraft and each item has its own functionality. One of the items players can make is the piston.
We will tell you how to make a piston in Minecraft. We will give you a brief description of what piston is, step by step instructions, and what kinds of required materials you need to make a piston.
Table of Contents
What Is a Piston?
So, what is a piston is? It is a block that has the ability to push players as well as movable blocks (that means most blocks) if it is given a redstone pulse.
Due to this unique functionality, pistons are used in various ways, including doors and traps.
- When you place a piston, it will always face you
- When you power a piston, its surface will extend by 1 block n the outward direction
- A piston can push as far as 12 blocks
- When a piston pushes blocks, they become non-solid momentarily. This means that if there is any items or players on the pushed blocks, they will fall through said blocks
- A piston can be used in a variety of ways. For example, as traps, doors, flood gates, and even to push boats and mine carts
- Some blocks, like bedrock, command block, and jigsaw block, cannot be pushed by a piston
- Pistons are not capable of pushing blocks more than 12 blocks. They can’t also push beyond the top of the map or into the void
To create a piston in Minecraft, you will need the following materials:
- 4 cobblestones
- 3 acacia wood planks
- 3 birch wood planks
- 3 dark oak wood Planks
- 3 jungle wood planks
- 3 oak wood planks
- 3 spruce wood planks
- 1 iron Ingot
- 1 redstone
See Also : How to Breed Horses in Minecraft
Note: A player doesn’t need to have all the planks. Any type of wood plank can be used to make a piston. We mentioned the above only as an example
How to Make a Piston in Minecraft
Already have all the required materials? Then you are ready to proceed and make a piston yourself. Here are the steps to make one.
1. Open the crafting menu. You will need the 3 x 3 crafting grid menu to make a piston
2. After you open the crafting menu, the next thing to do is to put the required materials on the menu. Place 3 wood planks on the first row, 1 cobblestone., 1 ingot and 1 cobblestone on the second row, and 1 cobblestone, 1 redstone, and 1 cobblestone on the third row. This is the recipe to make a piston
3. Make sure that you arrange the materials as we mentioned above. If arrange it correctly, the piston icon should appear on the right box
4. Craft the piston and move it into your inventory
That is our guide on how to make a piston in Minecraft. Now that you know what materials are required and how to make a piston, the task should be much easier for you.
See Also : How to Make a Saddle in Minecraft
You also know its functionality and limitations as well, which means you will be able to utilize them in your own unique creative way. Happy crafting!
Official Site : Minecraft